This week on “Inside the Economy”, Americans have spent the last few months saving more and spending less. As spending begins to resuscitate, where are we seeing inflation in the system? We are starting to see an increase in travelers making their way through TSA but are nowhere near the 2.5 million flyers per day we saw during summer 2019. How are the airlines coping with the slower summer days? Through a volatile market, who are the current winners and losers? Tune in to find out!
- Initial jobless claims are decreasing in Colorado while some are going back to work— others are still hesitant to spend their hard-earned money
- The demand for recreation services and outdoor equipment has increased prices
- Home sales are picking back up as Americans are staying local
- Airlines are leaning on CARES Act Support to navigate through hard times
- The U.S. dollar has been losing strength in conjunction with oil prices and low interest rates