Economic DiscussionEconomySHJ Blog

Inside the Economy: U.S. Consumer & Business during COVID recovery

By October 5, 2020October 7th, 2020No Comments

This week on “Inside the Economy”, we talk about U.S. consumer and business trends. Consumers are paying down debt and household net worth continues to increase. The travel & leisure industries have not seen a rebound due to consumers staying away, however retail car sales are almost back to normal. How long will it take for certain industries to recover? On the business side, bond issuance and borrowing maintain their rising pace. What is the trend in new business applications? Tune in to find out and hear more!

Key Takeaways:

  • Manufacturing is beginning to stabilize
  • Unemployment is mostly unchanged from last month, but more major companies are planning layoffs soon 
  • Retail car sales are on the rise and almost back to normal
  • Delinquency rates are down slightly
  • 80% of the economy has adapted, the other 20% may need a vaccine before returning to normal

Leave a Reply