Each Thanksgiving we take a moment to reflect on how thankful we are for all the blessings in our lives, from our health and our families to life’s simple pleasures: a fresh cup of coffee, our favorite songs playing on the radio, and a good piece of chocolate. Of course, we could never forget about our amazing clients. We’d like to take this chance to say a special thank you for the trust that you place in us, the stories you share, and the relationships we form. We’re humbled and proud to know and work with you, and it’s our goal every day to do the very best that we can for you.
We wish you a very happy Thanksgiving.
To celebrate the holiday, our office will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 23rd and 24th. We’ll be excited to be back at work for you again on Monday, November 27th.
Here are a few fun facts about Thanksgiving to share with your friends and family:
- The first TV dinners were made by Tyson using leftover Thanksgiving turkey. (Source)
- Even though the first Thanksgiving was in 1621, it wasn’t an official national holiday until 1863 – 242 years later! (Source)
- We have Sarah Josepha Hale, the author of “Mary Had a Little Lamb”, to thank for campaigning for 36 years to make sure our favorite day of eating was recognized. (Source)
- The lucky recipient of the President’s annual turkey pardon gets a pretty cool vacation out of the deal as well, including past destinations like Disneyland, Disney World, and Mount Vernon. (Source)
- Black Friday isn’t just the biggest shopping day of the year, it’s also the busiest day of the year for plumbers. (Source)
- Turkey isn’t to blame for making you sleepy; a big, carb-heavy meal is more likely the culprit. (Source)